What are comprehensive and collision coverages and why do I need them?

Comprehensive: Otherwise known as “other than collision”, this area of coverage refers to the damages to a covered vehicle if damaged by fire, windstorm, vandalism, flooding, or by falling objects. Also, damage to the vehicle caused by theft or hitting an animal.

Collision: This area of coverage pays for damage when a covered vehicle collides with another vehicle or object.

If you have a loan on the vehicle you are required by the bank to carry comp and collision. If you do not have a loan the decision is yours.